Join now - be part of our community!

Bootloader unlock allowed: No

SOLVED
Jo1956
Visitor

Bootloader unlock allowed: No

We recently bought a Xperia Z4 Tablet. The service menu says Bootloader unlock allowed: No and I assume the usual procedure to open the bootloader did not work because of this. What can I do to change Bootloader unlock allowed: No to Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes? We need root access for the device. It is a university device for field work and the decision for SONY was because of the good support for developers. Without root the tablet is of little use. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Jo
22 REPLIES 22
Jo1956
Visitor

Hi cchristofis,

thank you for this valuable advise. Getting SU to work would be essential for my problem though. The CISCO android client cannot configure proxies. Without this, no VPN :-(. Anyway, thanks for your support. Getting the bootloader unlocked is the first step. Will try it out.

Jo1956
Visitor

In fact, deactivating "my Xperia" delivers

Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes

after entering the service menue with *#*#7378423#*#*

ammen99
Visitor

I know it's an old thread, but can you tell me how you disabled "my xperia"?

ammen99
Visitor

Hello!

I have recently bought my xperia m4 aqua from my carrier(Telenor Bulgaria). I tried to unlock bootloader, but fastboot oem unlock(with the code provided from sony site) gave me command not allowed(I've checked enable oem unlocking in developer settings). Then I checked and in Service Info it said "bootloader unlock allowed: no" . After reading in internet they said that is because carrier locked the device, but I wrote an email to my carrier and they said they haven't done such a thing. So this means it has been locked by sony, not my carrier. What can I do now to unlock bootloader? I tried flashing ftf for Switzerland via FlashTool, but status is the same.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
ammen99
Visitor

Hello, I know many threads exist with the same problem. However, my question is different. It is said that the operator can decide whether to lock bootloader. Now, I contacted them and they said they don't do such things, so sony has locked the bootloader for unknown reasons. Now, my contract has ended, so even if my carrier had locked the phone, I should be able to unlock it. I found this thread(which is too old now) - https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-u/general/dev-reloading-kernel-rebooting-t2053466 There have been guys who have managed to solve the dreaded "bootloader unlock allowed: no" problem, but for old devices. Now, I have xperia M4 aqua and wanted to ask, can the sony developers do something similar? From what I gathered from the thread the problem is a code which should be overwritten, but the key for generating this code is only available to sony developers. I am willing to do whatever is required, just please help me unlock my bootloader!

zoohunter
Visitor

lol everything is about this app "my xperia" just disable it there nothing to do with carrier or sony
here how to do 
thanks for the guy who mentioned about that app he is a genies i was looking for hours but didnt thought about inter app

http://www.stechguide.com/disable-protection-xperia-sony-devices/

able2doit
Visitor

Tried this on my M4 Aqua:  this protection was never enabled.  I enabled and then disabled it.  Still shows Rooting Status unavailable.

Penny666
Visitor

Of course it can be changed.

How to change it is probably a very closely guarded secret because they want you to buy the latest phone.

They update the older phone with bloatware so your internal storage fills up and to use the latest apps the only option you are provided is to upgrade.

To get rid of the bloatware you need to root your phone and flash the bootloader. If the bootloader is locked it is only a matter of hacking it. You have the hardware in your hand so it is possible...

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Penny666

I understand that you might assume that, but that's not accurate; The only  way to do so is to replace the motherboard, which will cost almost the same as a new device. Let's not spread misinformation, keep it friendly, constructive and helpful.