Join now - be part of our community!

Sony z4 tablet screen repair

TenKenya
Visitor

Sony z4 tablet screen repair

All my life I've been team sony. When I heard that you guys made tablets I was over the moon with joy. I got the xperia z2. Had it for 2 years. It was incredible! Never for a minute did i regret the money i had spent on it

Then someone accidentally sat on it. And the screen cracked. Now this is where my nightmare begun. Unlike other products (eg Iphone, Samsung, HTC), Sony tablets cannot continue being used after the smallest of cracks. Then i started searching for a replacement screen. Here is another downfall to the product, unlike the others which can be fixed in my country for about 90€ or even less, Sony screens are IMPOSSIBLE to find. My local Support has did nothing to help. Eventually i gave up and figured it was my fault.
So I got a z4 tablet 10 months ago. I thought i had learnt my lesson, I bought the whole package( ie with the Sony tablet cover), this tablet did wonders for me too. I loved everything about it and It made my life as a medical student quite smooth as i didn't have to carry heavy books/laptops around the wards in hospital.
Then it fell FOR THE FIRST TIME from a height of about 15inches (the tablet was in its cover and had the sony screen protector). I was amazed at how fragile it is!
And yet again the search began. I have searched for a screen replacement as far as China( where the product was manufactured) and the whole ordeal has left me broken hearted. I have 2 tablets that i cannot use anymore and neither can i fix them.
Im not sure if you read these but truth be told I am beyond frustrated. Your products are impecable but im afraid to say it may not be worth all this disappointment when trying to fix them. That is about 1000€ i have used as a student, and tbough i don't regret it because as i said the tablets were incredible, i still wish i had opted for another product which would have been easier to fix or i could have continued using after screen damage.
I am getting someone take it to a local product station in London and this is my absolute last attempt. Hopefully they ill do me a favor and fix it under warranty but after my experience with Sony i wouldn't be surprised if they did nothing at all. The 2 experiences have really left a bad taste in my mouth and now i might have to look a other options in the market
8 REPLIES 8
VivR
Visitor

Well the same thing happened to me, I took it on holiday and managed to sit on it...resulting in a cracked screen. However Ive managed to track down some Sony repairers, the Tablet has been collected this morning. Thankfully our holiday insurers will foot the cost of the repair. I'm happy to send you the repairers details if you like.

tren
Visitor

could you please send me the repairer detrails? my z4 tablet screen broke too and it's really dificult to find a replacement

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

have you tried to contact your local service center? Local support

VivR
Visitor

Sorry I meant to say that I phoned Sony HQ themselves after I got the number from the local Sony store and from then onwards it was all carried out via email with Sony.

VivR
Visitor

The phone number of Sony is 03705237237, they also have chat support on the webpage. You'll find them very helpful.

Viv Slightly_smiling_Face

VivR
Visitor

The local repairers didnt want to know, I tried them all but eventually got a phone number off the Sony Store down the road. Sony themselves were v helpful and cost just under £170.

Syedh
Visitor

Where on earth can I get my Sony Xperia Z4 tablet screen replaced. It's not available anywhere  Stuck with Sony products and no support or repairs. Syed 

Msquared2
Visitor

I couldn't believe mine cracked. It was in a thick soft cover inside a bag, & only fell a foot or 2. Now I can't log in, & I'm wondering how to get the internal files.