Join now - be part of our community!

apps for note taking how good are they on tablet?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
roberjan
Visitor

apps for note taking how good are they on tablet?

How good are apps for note taking? Thinking of use at uni handwriting notes and keyboard input. Plus audio recording lectures.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

There are quite a few apps with a lot of them being free so might be worth trying out some if you have a current android based device. I can assume that developers will start making some specifically for the Sony Tablets later down the line too but using tablets on the market at the moment, my one grip is that the hand writing is one thing I do not like using.

I have a few apps which I enjoy and then others which I do not. One that I have (for iPad) lets you zoom in and write but then it does nothing with it other than have it as an image so trying to then pull all the info off that means I have to type it all out again.

What doesn't help is the glossy finish on tablets in general as it offers no resistance so you have to adopt a new writing style and for left handed users like myself, even worse unless it has a wrist gaurd option. Fingers can be used but ideally an investment into a dedicated style would be recommended. I have Wacom's Bamboo Stylus which is nice but still makes it longer to jot notes down than to type.

I rather just type since it is quicker and more flexible.If you can get used to typing on a virtual keyboard (or buying the physical one), it is possibly the most efficient way of note taking even on a tablet. The apps in my eyes are just far too gimiky.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

There are quite a few apps with a lot of them being free so might be worth trying out some if you have a current android based device. I can assume that developers will start making some specifically for the Sony Tablets later down the line too but using tablets on the market at the moment, my one grip is that the hand writing is one thing I do not like using.

I have a few apps which I enjoy and then others which I do not. One that I have (for iPad) lets you zoom in and write but then it does nothing with it other than have it as an image so trying to then pull all the info off that means I have to type it all out again.

What doesn't help is the glossy finish on tablets in general as it offers no resistance so you have to adopt a new writing style and for left handed users like myself, even worse unless it has a wrist gaurd option. Fingers can be used but ideally an investment into a dedicated style would be recommended. I have Wacom's Bamboo Stylus which is nice but still makes it longer to jot notes down than to type.

I rather just type since it is quicker and more flexible.If you can get used to typing on a virtual keyboard (or buying the physical one), it is possibly the most efficient way of note taking even on a tablet. The apps in my eyes are just far too gimiky.