Join now - be part of our community!

Android updates

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
nunoloule
Visitor

Android updates

How about Android updates in a Sony Tablet?

The IceCream Sandwich OS will go out next November and that means that the Sony Tablet will have an old OS just after 2 months.

If it will suport Adroid updates, The Sony Tablet will be the referente in the tablets market.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Since Sony have tweaked the current OS to give a more unique experience then more likely they will follow suit with updates the same way Samsung and HTC have with their Android based products but it is early days yet since they have not been launched yet so that would be the first point before seeing what happens next.

The other thing that leaves me thinking is that since Sony have redesigned the whole layout of the OS, many users will not see it out of date. I know I wouldn't even realise since Android OS's are being pumped out pretty quick and hard to keep track but since Ice Cream Sandwich is mainly a combination of Gingerbread and Honeycomb, you never know how quickly something happens.

Best thing to do is going to be keeping an eye on the support website for downloads/updates which can be found here http://Sony.co.uk/support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Since Sony have tweaked the current OS to give a more unique experience then more likely they will follow suit with updates the same way Samsung and HTC have with their Android based products but it is early days yet since they have not been launched yet so that would be the first point before seeing what happens next.

The other thing that leaves me thinking is that since Sony have redesigned the whole layout of the OS, many users will not see it out of date. I know I wouldn't even realise since Android OS's are being pumped out pretty quick and hard to keep track but since Ice Cream Sandwich is mainly a combination of Gingerbread and Honeycomb, you never know how quickly something happens.

Best thing to do is going to be keeping an eye on the support website for downloads/updates which can be found here http://Sony.co.uk/support