Who Me Too'd this topic

jonathandore
Explorer

Bravia KDL-32EX503 has lost all BBC channels

My Bravia TV (model KDL-32EX503) has stopped receiving Freeview BBC channels. All other channels are fine, and all channels including BBC are now (since lunchtime today) fine again on my Sony DVD recorder (HDX870), which receives the antenna signal and passes it on to the Bravia. I've tried plugging the antenna signal direct into the Bravia: no change. Signal strength is very low (3 - 5%) and quality 0% on all BBC channels, but fine (90 - 100%) on all commercial channels.This began about Wednesday or Thursday (17-18 July), after a couple of days of the BBC signal becoming weaker and breaking up. The fact that I can get the signal with no problem on my DVD recorder, as well as on a Humax TV in another room, shows that the signal strength is not really the problem here, but something to do with the TV.

I see from threads  on www.avforums.com (e.g. this one) that earlier models of Sony Bravia have had a problem with BBC channels at the digital switchover, but the most recent thread was more than 3 years ago and mine is a much newer model than the ones listed as not being compatible with the 8K signal. Our switchover here (west Norfolk, signal probably from Sandy Heath?) happened earlier in the year and we've had no problem until last week.

It's happened at about the same time that the DVD recorder lost ALL Freeview channels, happily resolved at lunchtime today, so perhaps it's somehow related to that situation?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Who Me Too'd this topic