Join now - be part of our community!

SonicStage 3.1??? Losing the will to live here!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Taffdiver
Visitor

SonicStage 3.1??? Losing the will to live here!

Hi guys, Can anyone please please please help me!! Brought a sony walkman nw-hd5 20gb mp3 player, seems a real nice bit of kit the only snag is this sonicstage software (or it could be me as I haven;t a clue about techno stuff) I've downloaded the sonicstage software via there disc onto my laptop and it seems to have done it ok (I'm windows vista) anyway, put a Cd in to download into my music library and it keeps me telling me "I am logged on as a limited account user and have no access" i investigated further and have found out that I have to log onto an account with Administrative or Power User privileges?????? What did all that lot mean???? I am literally pullng my hair out here, I have registered with sony website to ask them this question and how to access the FULL sonicstage facilities but to no avail!!!!! Can't even send them a e-mail grrrrrrrr keep getting sent from pillar to post, been here 3 hours now so decided to join this forum thing to see if anyone here knows the answers or just let me know hot to e-mail them.... Remember your talking to a lowly layman non techno guy here so please keep it simple cheers guys   Taff  guys, better post this in case this site doesnt let me in again (3 hours to get this far grrr)

Message was edited by: -frank-

Message was edited by: -frank-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I right clicked on the shortcut and clicked on run administration and  it works perfect but only for each CD, everytime I remove the CD and  replace it with another it shuts the sonic stage down and I have to  right click on shortcut and go through the whole process again for each  CD

Hi Taffdiver,

now we know running as administrator solves your SonicStage problem you can set  to always run in administrator mode.

To do this right click on the SonicStage shortcut and select Properties.

In the Properties box click on the Shortcut tab.

In the Shortcut tab click on Advaced.

In the Advanced Properties window click the checkbox next to Run As Administrator followed by OK

Click ok again if the UAC window appears.

Hopefully now you won't have any problems..:smileyhappy:

The volume on my MP3 is rather poor is there a way of lifting the volume control to make it louder?? I heard there was a way of taking the limiter off and that volume control is all down to health and safety these days?

As far as I am aware there isn't a way to increase the maximum volume..:smileysad:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Taffdiver,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Do you have a shortcut to Sonic stage on your desktop.?

If so have you tried right clicking on the icon and selecting Run as Administrator.?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Taffdiver
Visitor

Many thanks for that, I right clicked on the shortcut and clicked on run administration and it works perfect but only for each CD, everytime I remove the CD and replace it with another it shuts the sonic stage down and I have to right click on shortcut and go through the whole process again for each CD but at least I can upload a CD now ;o)  so again may thanks for that!  The volume on my MP3 is rather poor is there a way of lifting the volume control to make it louder?? I heard there was a way of taking the limiter off and that volume control is all down to health and safety these days?  Or could this just be my cheap (10 quid) JVC headphones!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I right clicked on the shortcut and clicked on run administration and  it works perfect but only for each CD, everytime I remove the CD and  replace it with another it shuts the sonic stage down and I have to  right click on shortcut and go through the whole process again for each  CD

Hi Taffdiver,

now we know running as administrator solves your SonicStage problem you can set  to always run in administrator mode.

To do this right click on the SonicStage shortcut and select Properties.

In the Properties box click on the Shortcut tab.

In the Shortcut tab click on Advaced.

In the Advanced Properties window click the checkbox next to Run As Administrator followed by OK

Click ok again if the UAC window appears.

Hopefully now you won't have any problems..:smileyhappy:

The volume on my MP3 is rather poor is there a way of lifting the volume control to make it louder?? I heard there was a way of taking the limiter off and that volume control is all down to health and safety these days?

As far as I am aware there isn't a way to increase the maximum volume..:smileysad: