Join now - be part of our community!

NXZ-X1050 how to increase volume output?

profile.country.it_IT.title
VillaSampaguita
Visitor

NXZ-X1050 how to increase volume output?

Hi Sony Walkman users. I recently bought a NWZ-X1050 as I strongly dislike Apple (except I think Jobs is brilliant) products and wanted a good MP3 device with OLED screen for ease of use to use a secondary and portable music player. As I get into I find some problems and you might see me from time to time on this forum.

So problem #1 is that I would like to use the Walkman in the kitchen plugged into the aux input of my old Bose Wave Radio which still has unmatched speaker quality for a table-top unit. Alas the Sony doesn't have enough output juice to drive the Bose. I can get a very low volume by turning both volume controls up to the max with of course inevitable distortion. Now I read the post in this forum about the EU level standards, but I have a Samsung Stick type MP3 player (which I use on the tractor, but horrible buttons and no screen to speak of) which runs the Bose just fine - albeit you have to turn both volumes up, but not to the point of distortion.

So my question is two-fold - first does anyone know of a hidden user setting that can increase the volume output? I already have the AVLS setting switched off. Second failing that can anyone recomend a good low cost line amplifier to plug in with the unit.

Thanks to anyone who answers and have a great 2011

0 REPLIES 0