Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless connection

Ters
Visitor

Wireless connection

Hi

I am having difficulty setting up the wirless connection on my Sony desktop model VGC-LT1M. I am using a new Belkin modem router. I've managed to get a wired connection through the desktop and a wireless connection through my psp but the wireless connection wizard tells me that it cannot find any networks on the desktop.

When I have diagnosed this problem I get the message that the wireless capability is turned off. I have checked the WLAN switch and although it is in the on position, the indicator light is still off. In the device manager, the wireless adapter card is working correctly according to windows.

In the wirless network manager, the router is visible to the computer :thinking:

Has anbody else had a similar problem or got any suggestions for turning the wireless capability on?

Thanks

Ters

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Ters,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

As you mentioned that the wireless switch behind the back cover is switched to the on position, are you able to turn the switch on in Start > All Programs > Vaio Control Center > Network Connections > Vaio Smart network.. :thinking:

Ters
Visitor

Thanks! That's done the trick :clap: Managed to get the connection up and running in 30 seconds. Wish I'd known about that utility 5 hours ago.

Ters

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile: