Join now - be part of our community!

wiped hard drive?

onlyme
Visitor

wiped hard drive?

Hi All
My laptop (vaio) had accumulated so much junk, even though I do a clean every month or so, that some programs didn't run properly and everything started to run slow. (we've all been there)
I decided to do a clean wipe of the HD. Copied all the files I wanted to my desktop which are fine. What I didn't check was what op system I had on it and installed XP Pro. It was only then that I got up the start-up screen saying which did i want to use XP Pro or XP Home edition. Clearly now I had XP Home pre-installed.
XP Pro runs ok but I cannot get any of the pre-inst vaio of which has the wlan software etc.
Also, when I go into Properties for C drive it shows used space 19.6gb and free 12.9 but its a 80g HD. I've obviously done something wrong and need your expertise to put it right. I did partition the HD when I had the computer but with most shop purchases the software came pre-installed. Please help if you can

Regards
andy007

11 REPLIES 11
onlyme
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

Thanks again for the reply. I was looking through the Vaio site and found the 3 pre installed softwares which says these were on the laptop at purchase, but need to be 'updated' once loaded...as zip files.. drivers - utilities -video .. are these the ones you mean?
Also what is the gaurantee if I purchase these disks it will put my system right as I dont want to start throwing money at disks which may not do the trick. Any idea how much they are please?
Thanks andy

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

They cost around £50