Join now - be part of our community!

Windows Media Center play DVD doesn't work proper.

Pat_D
Visitor

Windows Media Center play DVD doesn't work proper.

Hello everybody,

I have recently bought a FE31M. The problem is that Windows Media Center doesn't function correctly, when I want to play a dvd movie in MCE, the dvd starts to play. But then when I hit the back button or I want to change some settings (subtitles) the thing hangs and I need to terminate the session.
When I cleaned up the C drive (with the windows functio built in),I got a warning which said that some files have been replaced by others that are not beiing recognized by the system. I tried to fix that, putting in both the recovery disks but the system kept saying that those weren't the right ones. So now I think that I should have the windows MCE cd, but that didn't come with the laptop to fix the unrecognized files. Maybe this has something to do with it??
That was maybe three week ago, I just ignored that and it doesn't bother me anymore. But that is (or is not) a other problem.

Now the only remaining thing is the dvd function of MCE that doesnt't function right. I hope that you guys can help me with this!

Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Have you tried pressing F10 at bootup to restore your PC to normal?

Pat_D
Visitor

Hi Kee-Lo,

I haven't tried that yet. But what do you mean exactly with restoring?
Will I lose things or what? Is the F10 trick something like reinstalling windows...?

Thanks,

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

When you press F10 it restores the PC to the day you bought it, so yes it will loose things you've added since then.

Pat_D
Visitor

Hi,
Thank you, but aren't there any other options? Making backups of all my files sure is some work.
Anyone who knows another option? Drivers or something?

Anyway, thanks for the help Kee Lo :).