SOLVED
profile.country.hu_HU.title
aragon89
Visitor

Windows 8 spining the the HDD

Hy

just bought a Vaio SVE1512P1E yesterday

I set up Win8 and thats all!

After that when rebooting the computer and after loging in the HDD just spin as hell and won't stop, spin so much that the whol system is lagging... I can't do anything. I tried to wait some (like 2 houres...) and HDD set down, and as I wanted to do something the HDD respin again and lag and nothing works... I can only shut down the comouter long-pressing the power button!

Any idea?

PS: if not solved quikly, i ll bring back the laptop... 😕 bad start betwin me an Sony... 😕

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aragon89
Visitor

Issue solved!!!

MacAffe was spinning the HDD!!!

So just after installing and setuping the system i erased all macaffe related programs, and that s all!!!!! :slight_smile:

everything is good so far!!!

chears!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi aragon89,

It would seem that something has gone wrong during the setup process. I would try a recovery to factory settings.

To do this press the Assist button when fully shut down to launch Vaio Recovery.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
aragon89
Visitor

i brought back the laptop to the shop, they did the resetup, came home, worked for like an houre and the HDD spin again...

I just did a Windows Reparation (not a resetup), will see how long can i use the computer this time...

Message was edited by: aragon89

profile.country.en_GB.title
dguyomar
Visitor

Hi, I have the same problem.

I found this answer on another forum and going to try tonight:

"Hi, I had the same problem, the only way I could stop it was by opening task manager as soon as the laptop booted up. (Use alt+ctrl+del and select task manager). Once in task manager you need to find the Macafee process called Child Protection, it will be the one that is consuming more and more processor and memory. End the process by highlighting it and clicking on the end process button. This should allow you then to use the laptop to go into control panel and find MacAfee Child Protection in the list and select remove software. It has fixed the problem on mine, I think it must be a bug, looking at the forums it seems to be a known conflict for people upgrading from Windows 7 to 8 to deactivate the McAfee Family Protection. Annoying that they haven't solved it with the new machines.

Hope this works for you."

aragon89
Visitor

well after the Windows Reparation (not Resetup) the problem stay...

i brought back the laptop to the shop, they gave me back my money! :slight_smile:

then i went to another Sony Center, and set up the laptop in the shop and the same problem came up!!! the sellers were astonished!!! :smileygrin: So i left them with the problem (didn't rebuy the PC yet) and they will tell me what they have managed to solve the issue!

Guess what Dguyomar: at the very fisrt time when i came home from the shop, one of the fisrt thing i did was to completely remove MacAfee (antivirus and family protection), and after a reboot (theoritically MacAfee removed) the HDD spin up... :slight_frown: That was the really first time the problem occured!

Tell me what happened with you after you tried ending that process!

By the way, i have an other theory: what if my Microsoft acc is problem (don't know how and why, but why not...)? I'll try to make a new acc and use it tomorow at the shop

PS: so everything starting with "Mac" is rubbish or... :smileygrin: (no offense to Scotish people, i was aiming at a big US corp... :smileygrin:)

aragon89
Visitor

Issue solved!!!

MacAffe was spinning the HDD!!!

So just after installing and setuping the system i erased all macaffe related programs, and that s all!!!!! :slight_smile:

everything is good so far!!!

chears!