Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 8 FN Keys NOT Working! VPCEH2D1E/B

profile.country.ro_RO.title
Tudrys
Visitor

Windows 8 FN Keys NOT Working! VPCEH2D1E/B

Hi. I just installed Windows 8 Professional x64 on my Sony Vaio VPCEH2D1E/B. Everything is working WONDERFUL! Except the fact that I can't use the FN+F1/F5/F6/F7 combinations! I can use FN+F2/F3/F4 combinations because they were installed by the Windows. I tryed to install them like in Windows 7 (where they worked very good). But here, no effect in that, even considering that I tryed 3 times!

On your site, is said that this model supports WIN8. In download section, on WIN8 drivers, I can see only the VIDEO driver. Please tell me what to do, is there any other solution to make my FN+ combinations to work? I can't suffer my TOUCHPAD! it always occurs problems to my video/photo edits now! I even filled the touch pad with adhesive tape in order to "DISABLE IT". Please tell me how to make the FN keys work like before! Or how much should I have to wait for new drivers for WIN8 that will make the FN keys work like they are supposed to.

SONY! Your support, despite of your fame, is the worst out there! ASUS has already all the drivers! And I don't want to regret buying a Vaio instead an Asus... Please FIX THE PROBLEMS !!! ESPECIALLY THIS !!!

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tudrys.

You do not seem to be aware that this is a User forum - Sony do not actively read posts here.

As you say, Sony supports an upgrade to Windows 8 for your model.

You can download ALL the Windows 8 drivers from here: -

https://ebiz3.mentormediacorp.com/sony/windows8/EU/index.aspx

:wink:

Message was edited by: Blencogo

Tudrys
Visitor

I can't manage with this site. I get a country list, I select mine or UK(english is better) and this is all I get

"

WELCOME TO THE VAIO

WINDOWS® 8 UPGRADE KIT PAGES

The VAIO Windows® 8 Upgrade Kit was created by Sony to upgrade selected VAIO models which came
pre-installed with the Microsoft Windows® 7 Operating System to Windows® 8 Pro.

Please carefully follow the below instructions to correctly upgrade your VAIO from Windows 7 to Windows 8............etc."

What I have to do here? I can't see any Download section for drivers...

Tudrys
Visitor

Ok, I managed to install that file(22MB large) and after that I restarted the PC as it requested. Still not working the FN buttons:|...WHAT SHOULD I DO!?

In "VAIO Update for Windows 8 Upgrade" - the software - it finds 0 Updates:|... awwwww!!!

Message was edited by: Tudrys

Tudrys
Visitor

Anyone with ANSWER? PLEASE ! I can't stand using my touchpad ! and I wanna use all the FN KEYS! 😐

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Did you follow the instructions exactly? 

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/files/vaio/EU1/Windows_8_Upgrade_Guide_EU1.pdf

Did you select “Keep Windows settings, personal files, and apps.” during the Windows 8 installation.  You need to keep some files from Windows 7 for things to work.

If you have carried out a clean installation then the Driver Updates will not work as there is no existing driver to update.

I would try reinstalling the Windows 7 'Sony Shared Library' and 'Sony Notebook Utilities' from the Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities Tab here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEH2D1E_B/updates

As I said, this is a user forum and we have not got a lot of experience of Windows 8.  If these do not help, you should contact Vaio Support for help as your model is supported.

:thinking:

Tudrys
Visitor

I won't install Windows 7 and after that win 8 because I know it won't work. I just installed the Library and the Utilities again(with restart when required). Won't work :smileysad:. I am very dissapointed with Sony. Very!

Tudrys
Visitor

BUMP !!! PLEASE SOMEONE COME WITH A SOLUTION ! I CAN'T STAND THIS ANY MORE !!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
su01483
New

Hi, Tudrys

I just tried this issue on my SVE1511C5E, you might enable some start-up processes, particularly those which are closely related to system performace. Then the issue should be ok.

Tudrys
Visitor

Explaim me more briefly what I have to do please. Thanks a million :smileygrin: