Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 10 on SVD1122C5E?

SOLVED
Mike01Hu
Explorer

Windows 10 on SVD1122C5E?

Has anyone tried W10 on the SVD1122 yet? I am not inclined to wait for Sony, as they seemed to miss "W10 for developers" 12 months ago and their usual sluggishness and poor support for this platform is not inspiring confidence that we will see W10 support soon. As many of you, I spent a lot of money for what was a technological marvel at that time but it seems that the money was not enough to buy Sony-customer satisaction because any issues I've had were met with bland and unhelpful information from the VAIO support(!) team and I had to rely on various forums to find effective answers. My 10 year old HP tablet PC updated without issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavvy8

dont know if its compatible to your particular DUO but Ive read somewhere on twitter from Sony saying to hold fire on Windows 10 for now - until maybe end of year to avoid compatibility issues

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pavvy8

dont know if its compatible to your particular DUO but Ive read somewhere on twitter from Sony saying to hold fire on Windows 10 for now - until maybe end of year to avoid compatibility issues

Mike01Hu
Explorer

Yes, I'd got that but my frustration is with Sony's lack of urgency!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

the latest information that I found for your SVD1122C5E states the following -

image.jpg

This & more info can be found using the following link- windows 10 support information

Mike01Hu
Explorer

Having checked the Sony 'live' update, I noted that the SVD1122C5E had no compatibility issues but there was to be further testing. Well, I did a full system backup and bit the bullet and am now running W10.

Upgrading was not as smooth as I would like and took three attempts; Windows was foolproof though and eventually got the job done. There is one particular issue regarding pen touch settings that I can't work around as it does not provide me with a settings screen but the pen works for basic elements and writing. Cortana functions well despite saying it did not like the microphone firm/hardware, all settings were completed without further issues but I needed to download the language and speech packs in the language setting dialogue.

All my legacy software seems to function as before but some settings needed changing or restoring as they did not come across in the update process. The screen handling is good with what appears to be better control of the scaling and I have had no issues here.

Sony never resolved the battery monitor feature in W8 when upgrading to W8.1. This provided control of charging and discharging to 80% / 20% limits to extend battery life. It was supposed to be part of the VAIO care pack but it never worked for me despite a couple of re-installs. Bluetooth reliability was also an old issue and this has not changed.

I'll keep this post updated with any issues.

profile.country.DE.title
Wolfgang1.1
New

I was successfull upgrading to Windows 10. The problems during this process were not problems caused by Sony. I had used incompatible Cisco VPN Client Software. And this leads to a big failure: Allthough all devices are functioning in the device manager there were no network adapter available (in Windows System Information).

Microsoft knows this bug by the Cisco client (one can search for it).

A microsoft bug (my opinion) is a problem with the registry after upgrade. There are invalid entries, made during upgrad process. These entries prevent a complete search in the registry.

For the Upgrade I have used the current information from Sony how the upgrade is to carry out.

HDECYP
New

Is there any update on this regarding the availability of drivers ?

I have tried w10 on SVD1122 and I got many errors which makes me return back to 8.1.

Thanks & Regards