Join now - be part of our community!

Where can I get restoration discs for the Vpceb3f4e?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
omar-m
Visitor

Where can I get restoration discs for the Vpceb3f4e?

The hard drive on the laptop has failed

I have purchased a new laptop, but now need to get the restoration discs

I didn't create when I had the laptop in good condition

I've searched the internet, but can't find anything

Thanks

Omar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Omar,

To purchase a set of recovery media you will need to call Support on the OOW number - from the UK the number is 0905 0310006 (£0.36 per min). Cost of disks is approx. £50.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Omar,

To purchase a set of recovery media you will need to call Support on the OOW number - from the UK the number is 0905 0310006 (£0.36 per min). Cost of disks is approx. £50.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
omar-m
Visitor

rich, i was just going to reply and say: ur having a laugh mate!

do u take me for a fool! we're talking about sony here - one of life's most well known and trusted names

i did a google on the number u gave. there's a zillion people panning sony. the number is their official out of support 'help' number for out of warranty laptops

£50? i think that's really steep. i can get the OS from an authorised seller for £15 - and then download the different drivers from the sony downloads - a pain in the backside, but ok to do if i have to

i spoke to the reseller today - who told me that they weren't allowed to give a copy of the restore disc as that would be breaking microsoft rules

life is all about lessons. lesson learned : don't buy a sony laptop

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Yes life is all about lessons and one of them is to create your recovery media no matter what brand of notebook!

You can of course install a retail copy of the OS and then download the necessary drivers and utilities but most of the original software that came pre-installed is not available for download.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
omar-m
Visitor

rich, yes of course u are right

as much as sony are being crappy for holding customers to ransom, the customer should have created a backup media themselves

(the laptop is actually someone elses. i'm trying to rescue for them. i gave them an acronis backup to keep and safeguard as though it was gold - they lost that backup)

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Omar,

I think Tom Paxton probably summed up the situation well in the opening line of 'The Last Thing on My Mind' - "It's a lesson too late for the learning" :wink:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
omar-m
Visitor

lol

: )