Join now - be part of our community!

What Happens Now When Ordering Vista???

a7med_360
Visitor

What Happens Now When Ordering Vista???

Ok im about to order windows vista will all the bug fixes included in the package or will i have to run multiple updates??

Im running a sony vaio AR21s so i find these patches/fixes critical for the hardware such as bluray!!!

28 REPLIES 28
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I doubt if the Vista release has changed from day 1 and all the bug fixes will come from downloadable Updates.

:thinking:

a7med_360
Visitor

Thats what i find dumb if they have resolved all the bugs etc why they just add it to the package? :thinking:

Sebby
Visitor

It wouldn't be cost-effective to keep changing the discs. I suspect they won't change until SP1. All updates will be received automatically anyway, so it's no bother.

a7med_360
Visitor

Ok when im on the moduslink website to upgrade to vista(used the Vaio Link) Every time i enter my serial number etc it says it cannot validate my COA number even though ive repeated it multiple times......But in january when i tried upgrading it passed through this point until the credit card point :thinking: :thinking: anyone know why????

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi a7med_360

I can't say for sure but it could be that you entered your serial number back in January..??

You could try and contact Moduslink using the details below..

The Upgrade Redemption Support Centre.

Toll-Free phone :
United Kingdom : 00800 666 44 666

Toll paid Phone :
Phone : +31 880016102
Fax : +31 555433946

Address :
Technical Upgrade Program Vista
P.O. Box 252
7300 AG Apeldoorn
The Netherlands

Web site : http://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/
E-Mail : Europe : MSTUPVISTAEMEA@moduslink.com

a7med_360
Visitor

But when i entered my serial Number in january my order didnt go through so i shouldnt think that would effect it:S would it :thinking: tnx for the number

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

But when i entered my serial Number in january my order didnt go through so i shouldnt think that would effect it:S would it :thinking:  tnx for the number

Who knows with all the trouble moduslink has had nothing would surprise me... :smileygrin:

a7med_360
Visitor

very true thanks......................Are the numbers 24hrs Open ?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

very true thanks......................Are the numbers 24hrs Open ?

I'm not sure to be honest.. :thinking: