Join now - be part of our community!

Vista help

RobB400
Visitor

Vista help

Hi guys, im new here :slight_smile:

Ive got a VGN-N11H Vaio, ive had it for a year or so and recently upgraded to Vista Business, why? because i got it free from my university as part of the microsoft academic alliance. Anyways, im having problems getting everything working, ive looked at this thread

http://club.vaio.sony.eu/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=40292

And followed the instructions as best as i can, but i still dont seem to have had any success. Im running a partition also, one half XP on my C drive and other half Vista on D drive. So far im missing the memory stick icon so i cant get pics off of my phone memory and i dont seem to be able to adjust the screen brightness either, however, if i set the brightness in XP it'll be as bright when i boot up in Vista.

I installed each of the following

~ Setting Utility Series
~ Shared Library
~ Utilities
~ VAIO Event Service
~ memory stick icon patch
~ .CAB file for the hot keys

The only thing i didnt know how to install was the .CAB file for the hotkeys. Otherwise nothing else seems to have had an effect :slight_frown:

Any help appreciated, thanks :slight_smile:

4 REPLIES 4
RobB400
Visitor

Ideas anyone?

RobB400
Visitor

UPDATE

Managed to get all my buttons working! Looks like I forgot to download one of the relevant updates and also noticed I had to install in a certain order!

However, i still cant get the memory stick icon to show, ive plugged the memory stick in and no difference. The install is showning up on the 'programs and features' menu but still no icon :slight_frown:

Any ideas??

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi RobB400

Here is a link to the MemoryStick Icon Registry patch

LINK

RobB400
Visitor

Hey Thalamus and thanks, i had already downloaded and installed that patch, ive just retried it using the one you linked and it doesnt work :slight_frown:

Again its showing up in the 'programs and features' menu but doesnt seem to be showing itself in all its glory :thinking: