Join now - be part of our community!

vista fresh install on FZ1Z

Flexing
Visitor

vista fresh install on FZ1Z

hi guys.

i was just wondering if there was any guides or ways to install a fresh copy of vista on a fz11z (or similar)

i want to install vista ultimate...i have downloaded all the orginal drivers and apps. but will i need any of these in the install proccess?

and how could i sntall some of the othe apps if i need them, i.e roxio etc, on the recovery dics...are the stored as pak files? how can i open those.

ny help or ideas much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Flexing,

The problem is that although Sony have released drivers for XP for the FZ19, they have not released working Utilities.

The Sony Asia website does provide both XP Drivers and XP Utilities for the FZ2*-Series - have a look here: -

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/232594/product/vgn-fz25g/modelfirst?site=hp_en_AP_i&subpag...

However, Sony say this: -

After you changed the OS from Windows Vista to Windows XP and install these drivers and applications you will face following problems:
1. AV Mode Button can not be used.
2. Instant On mode can not be used.
3. Fn+F5/Fn+F6 Function Key(Brightness Control) can not be used.
4. Fn+F10(Zoom in/out function) can not be used.
5. When connect with HDMI, the sound output does not work.

It is not clear if after installing the Utilities 18, 19, 20, 21 these still will or will not work - I guess you will have to try them and see!

EDIT: Sorry forgot about your .PAC files. If the Application is contained in your .PAC files (not all of them are - WinDVD for example cannot be reinstalled) - have a look at this thread. It is for XP but I think kcap.exe works with Vista.

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=37599

:wink:

Flexing
Visitor

ohh thanks for that app for dealing with the pac files!

but yea, all i wanna do is fresh install my own vista, not XP...so i could use the current vista drivers for the fz11z that are available from the usual vaio support download spot?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

DOH :smileyd_oh: :smileyd_oh: :smileyd_oh:

I'll wake up one day!!!!!

Sorry about that - you just need the Vista Drivers and Utilities which are, as you say, available for download.

There isn't really an installation guide as far as I know.

[:">]

Flexing
Visitor

DOH  :smileyd_oh:  :smileyd_oh:  :smileyd_oh: 

I'll wake up one day!!!!!

Sorry about that - you just need the Vista Drivers and Utilities which are, as you say, available for download.

There isn't really an installation guide as far as I know.

[:">]

no worries my friend! happens to the best of us. :wink:

kool, i'll try it that way, i just wanted to make sure in case there was some kind of sata driver or controller drivers i needed to load during the vista installation.

thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Vista may have the SATA drivers in its Inbox but you can save a set from C:\Drivers\SATA or download the Floppy Disc Configuration Utility from Intel Matrix Storage Manager downloads.

Your biggest problem is that you will lose all the Sony preinstalled Software Applications. These are not downloadable - only updates to the original programs. Some can be installed from your Sony Recovery Discs using kcap.exe, but this is not possible for some software such as the Blu-Ray player, WinDVD BD.

:thinking: