Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-T1XP DOESN'T RECOGNISE MEMORYSTICK PRO DUO CARD

helluvaname
Visitor

VGN-T1XP DOESN'T RECOGNISE MEMORYSTICK PRO DUO CARD

I've tried to use the 512MB Memory stick pro duo card that came with my Sony/Ericsson w810i phone, but after inserting the card in the notebook and trying to access "Memory Stick" under My Computer in windows explorer, it just says "please insert card".

Are these cards incompatible with the Vaio? or am I missing something obvious? :smileyblush:

(Vaio is running XP professional v5.1, and card has photos on it.)

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.pt_PT.title
V57...
Contributor

Hi helluvaname,

Which Vaio do you have?

helluvaname
Visitor

Hi it's the T1XP (or PCG-4C1M) 10.5" notebook - not sure what else to describe it as :thinking:

V57...
Contributor

Have you the update driver Texas Instruments Memory Stick Driver 2.0.0.18xp?
http://support.vaio.eu/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=-1&s=-1&m=2042

helluvaname
Visitor

Just downloaded that and tried to install, and it came back with "Not needed - no device for update present"

helluvaname
Visitor

Hi, any other thoughts welcome.
Many thanks.

V57...
Contributor

Have you formated the card using the w810i?

helluvaname
Visitor

I really can't remember!
It came with the phone, and I've sucessfully saved pictures taken on the phone onto it, and replayed them on the phone OK, so I guess is pre-formatted, or I must have formatted it some time ago (on the phone).
This is the first time I've tried to use it in anything else.

V57...
Contributor

At page 41 of your manual you can know about which vaio computers are compatible with which memory stick...
ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Notebooks/B_S2_T/B_S2_T_H_EN.pdf

helluvaname
Visitor

Thanks, but that just says refer to vaio-links.com website to check which models are compatible with which cards. unfortunately I've alreasdy been there and can't find any info on compatibility, so have logged a support query and will see if anything useful returns! Thanks for your help.