Join now - be part of our community!

VGN FJ1Z/W web cam problem

skhanrulz
Visitor

VGN FJ1Z/W web cam problem

Hi.. I have Sony VGN FJ1Z/W laptop.. the problem i have is with the webcam since i have the laptop it only worked twice....

The operating system i have is Windows Xp Home SP2
After Clean Install it still dont work. when i got to device manager it dont even show Imaging device option.

I dont have any Icon of Webcam in My computer window.
When i try to use through MSN it says .. We couldn't find a webcam. Make sure that your webcam is plugged in.. and when you go in setting webcam it doesnt show any webcam

I have no idea what to do... :slight_frown: please Help
is there a posibility that some cable or wire inside the laptop is moved or anything.. coz one day it just worked without me doing anything or is there a driver conflict or software conflict? please helppp

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi skhanrulz and welcome.

If your camera is not shown in Device Manager - either under "Imaging Devices" or as an "Unknown Device" in any other section of Device Manager, then it is probably a hardware problem. Check everywhere for an unknown device. If you find an unknown device, right-click on it and choose Update Driver. Navigate to C:\Drivers\Camera and install.

As you say, if it is not shown the most likely cause is that the wire to the camera has become disconnected.

Someone will need to have a look inside!!

:wink: