Join now - be part of our community!

VGN FE21M Battery Problem

swishi
Visitor

VGN FE21M Battery Problem

Hy community, first of all a happy new year!...

Since a few days I am facing followig problem on my VGN FE21M: My battery is not recogniced by the system and the notebooks can only be used with the power adaptor... The power management shows "no battery"!

Any suggestions or help is welcome!

Regards

9 REPLIES 9
swishi
Visitor

Hi Kai-Zen and thanks for the links... what is looking strange to me that we parently all have the same problem at nearly the same time, since a few days... as if there is a time contrled deactivation of the battery... :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Have you installed any updates in the last few days?

swishi
Visitor

no I did not!

tellyaddict07
Visitor

hi i had this problem last month with my 7 month old VGN-FE41Z the laptop stopped detecting the battery, anyway i opened up a case file with e-support and within a week they sent me a replacement battery free of charge and the laptop detected it straight away so you could try it. i didn`t think i would get one for free because the laptop is more then 6 months old but e-support didn`t even try to make me pay hope you get as lucky
regards

apierc1
Visitor

It would be interesting to know the peoples purchase dates and the battery problem start dates as too have a FE21M but as yet the battery is ok and i received my laptop about the 20th November 2006, so I have had it over a year now. I very rarely use my laptop just using the battery, it's nearly always plugged in and hence charging. Although as this was a replacement laptop I still have the battery to my previous laptop so if this problem does occur I have a backup. It is not uncommon for white goods to have a scheduled break down, and so I pressume this is a similar brown goods plot to keep the consumers money in motion, quite annoying.

swishi
Visitor

Model: VGN FE21M
My Date of Purchase: March 2006
I noticed the problem first on 30. Dec 2007

And still do not have a solution!!!

hyun
Visitor

Hi all,

I also have the same problem. It happened a few days ago, maybe end of december of early january.
I tried an other battery and it works fine. My battery on an other vaio doesn't work.
My laptop mostly run with an AC adaptor, and the last times I used the battery, it was working good.

I'm afraid I have to buy a new battery. It seems weird that we all complains in the same period. Is there any embedded countdown? 😞

Cheers!

edumirgr
New

today I've tryed my sisters battery (Vaio FJ11S) and it works well on my FE but mine battery doesn't work on her laptop....

I'm thinking in a enmbeed countdown at 2008 :S

it has got about 1.5 years and my sister's 1.6years