Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V3S has it gone???????

Rich77
Visitor

VGC-V3S has it gone???????

Hi Everyone

I wanted to buy a VGC-V3S VAIO Computer, But i was told that the model has been discontinued, Do you know if this is true ?
And if so will Sony do a replacementt?

24 REPLIES 24
waterside
Visitor

I notice that the new VGC-VA10G is shipping with XP Media Center Edition. Is anyone going to shed a tear for VaioZone?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I notice that the new VGC-VA10G is shipping with XP Media Center Edition.  Is anyone going to shed a tear for VaioZone?

Nope :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Exactly I have been waiting for this for a while, thought it was going to turn up for the New Year but.....

Is it possible that the delay in launching XP Media systems is due, in part, to the popularity of Sky+ ?

kee-lo_

Possibly, but to beat it Sony would need dual tuners in their VAIOs

hibees
Visitor

Hi i dont know if you have bought your VGC-V3S VAIO Computer yet. i got mine from Commet and i got it for there web price of £1,400 great price well worth the money.

babysmile
Visitor

Not too bad.. Cheap deal u have.. and warranty as well..

Cool !!

kee-lo_

That's not bad specially as you get a nice big display

Rich77
Visitor

Yes I would rather h ave VAIO Zone.

theFOX
Visitor

I think it is probably on the way out soon as they seem to be fazing it out at Sony Centres and on Sony Style.  There is a new model that launched in Japan and in the US late 2005 which boasts a 300gb hard disk and an LCD screen, all the other spec looks the same as far as I can tell.  Here's a link with pic:

http://uk.gizmodo.com/2005/10/19/new_sony_vaio_allinone_media_p.html

This one is already in the US markets.
here

see the pic

But I think that V3M/S look better.
The Keyboard looks better
The Remote looks BETTER
It's smaller
All the computer components are in the "fat" screen ( the base is only the power supply ).

The one thing that's maybe better in VA is the CD drive ( if it's located horizontally in the base.

lenny007
Visitor

First post since registering so be gentle!

Just got my V3S on Thursday from John Lewis for £1199.00.

Last one in stock and it's pretty much the same all over the country - all the pc world stock is display models.

If you want one, get in quickly.

Incidentally, the reason i bought this over the VA1 is purely looks. The performance might be better on the new one but come on, it looks hideous and dare i say it, cheap.

Backwards step Sony.

Oh, and morning everyone!!:smileyhappy: