Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V2M (conecting ps2)

Jassi
Visitor

VGC-V2M (conecting ps2)

hi there woundering if the ps2 can be directly connected to the vaio vgc-v2m, using the the cabels (red, white, yellow)?

OR

Do i need a converter of some sort?

12 REPLIES 12
chris_lewis
Visitor

You could use an USB capture card they have the composite video input you need, you may need to use the software that comes with it though.
£30 quid should get you one.

C

tags
Visitor

Hi, Ihave posted previously regarding this. What you need to do is connect the composite yellow phono to the yellow plug, l and right, white and red phonos for audio etc. But here is the tricky bit. You can not select external video if you have not already setup your tuner. And, you can not set up your tuner untuil you plug in an aeriel into your rf connection. So, first thing, hook up the phonos of your ps2. Get yourself an rf connection, portable aeriel will do, even if its crap (like mine). Let it search for channels, and then when its finished setup a further channel and choose external input. My crappy aeriel found 12 fuzzy channels and the external input went on channel 13, annoying. So after i removed the aeriel, i deleted all the channels and renamed channel 13, external input, to channel one. The most annoying thing i found was, i put my xbox through the s-video connector and sky video sender into composite video connector. The vaio has only one set of aduio inputs. And, the s-video over-rides the composite. My solution round this was a cheap 4 input a/v box into the compostie in and switching via the switch box. It was a small compromise but very good. By the way, the Vaio eventually will see your ps2 as an external video and can be recorded through vaio-zone.

Best of luck.

Jonmorse
Visitor

Tags is correct to get your exteranal video you have to have setup the tuner for TV, I sat there for a few mins thinking "what is this blank channel for" then it clicked.

It was late at night that's all I can say!

I had no problems once I pluged mine in though.