Join now - be part of our community!

Short Battery Life

sburdin
Visitor

Short Battery Life

Dear all,

Does anybody else have problems with short battery life with their pocket vaios? I've got the 20GB model and I use if for no more than, say, 1.5 to 2 hours a day and I usually have to give it a mid week charge to get me through the week. Sometimes. after a charge, it loses the first battery bar after about half an hour.

Also, I've notice that when it has been switched off for a while, i.e. hours I can hear a whirring noise if I listen to it up close. Could this be draining the power? Does anyone else have a whirring Pocket Vaio when switched off.

Many thanks,

Stephen Burdin (longing for 30 hours of battery life!!!)

2 REPLIES 2
timpanks
Visitor

I'm also a little miffed by the battery life I'm getting. While happy with every other feature of the player, one of the major reasons that I was sold on it was the promise of 20 hours battery life. To be honest I'm not getting anywhere near half that.

Like yourself there are times where after a full charge I'm down to the 25% battery indicator after my commute into work and back - that's about 4 hours listening. I can then use for another couple of hours at home before I get the flashing battery indicator going off.

A little disappointed to say the least and hope Sony put their hands up and admit that 20 hours is not achievable. I wouldn't mind if they claimed the battery is good for 10 hours as it's long enough to last all day and recharge overnight, but not to deliver on what they advertise is a poor show.

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

my battery life's getting better, and i've certainly been getting 15 hours or so battery life. however, i think the 20 hours claim was based on atrac rather than mp3, as apparently atrac is more efficient -> less hard drive use -> better battery life. also the demo/slideshow thing will seriously harm the battery life if you use it; i think it's best to have the hold switch on all the time as it turns the screen off and the screen is probably the biggest drain on the battery