Join now - be part of our community!

vaio vpceb3f4 's webcam stopped working

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
l_marshall
Visitor

vaio vpceb3f4 's webcam stopped working

My sony vaio vpceb3f4 's webcam stopped working the other day. my laptop now keeps on coming up with a notification in the bottom right hand corner saying usb device unknown

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi I_marshall,

Are there any error codes against unknown devices in Device Manager?

The camera uses native windows drivers so this could be a hardware problem or possibly the USB controller drivers just need resetting.

To do this open Device Manager > Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Right click every device in the tree and select ‘Uninstall’. Once all devices have been removed shut down, remove the battery and power adaptor and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

Reattach the battery and power adaptor and re-boot – The Windows OS will reinstall the USB controllers.

With any luck the camera will then be recognised and work. If not there is the possibility of a hardware problem with either the device or associated cabling.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi I_marshall,

Are there any error codes against unknown devices in Device Manager?

The camera uses native windows drivers so this could be a hardware problem or possibly the USB controller drivers just need resetting.

To do this open Device Manager > Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Right click every device in the tree and select ‘Uninstall’. Once all devices have been removed shut down, remove the battery and power adaptor and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

Reattach the battery and power adaptor and re-boot – The Windows OS will reinstall the USB controllers.

With any luck the camera will then be recognised and work. If not there is the possibility of a hardware problem with either the device or associated cabling.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat