Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VGN-FZ21E...MOUSE PAD LEFT CLICK AND RIGHT CLICK BUTTONS NOT WORKING!!!

SL1.
Visitor

VAIO VGN-FZ21E...MOUSE PAD LEFT CLICK AND RIGHT CLICK BUTTONS NOT WORKING!!!

Hi people..

I turned on my Sony Vaio lapton today and everything was running fine except the left click and right click buttons on my laptop. The touch pad works, but when i ''left click' nothing happens and when i 'right click' i get the same. But the weird thing is, is that when i press, Crtl, Alt Delete an goto the task manager, i am able to use the left click button to select things and close programs etc, but the right click button still does not work..

Dont know is that very clear, but i really hope someone can help me =(.

Cheers,

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Sl1,

go to Device manager and expand the Mice and other pointing devices.

Do you have any warning signs or error messages.?

Does it list a pointing device,or a PS2 mouse.?

SL1.
Visitor

Hi,

When i expand it says, "Alps Pointing-Device for VAIO"

When i double click that, it tell em the device is working properly, and i also tryed to update the driver but it tells me its already up to date.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Boot into safe mode and try running a system restore to the point when the buttons were working..

To boot into safe mode, Start your Vaio and when the Vaio logo appears press the F8 key repeatedly..

profile.country.en_GB.title
ashwinpai21
Visitor

Here's what i did. My Vaio runs Windows 7,

1. Uninstall  the mouse driver under Device Manager in My Computer or just search Device Manager under the Start Button

2. Windows will automatically ask you to restart you computer, if not restart it yourself

3. After restart, the leftclick and the touch tap work fine.

Hope it helps

Regards