Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-FE31M Noise

silma
Visitor

Vaio VGN-FE31M Noise

Hi ppl!

I believe the graphics card produces noise depending on the load I put on it. It is very little audible in windows, but very intense on demanding 2D/3D operations. It should not be the CPU as in SuperPi it is as audible as it is in windows alone. The hard disk is not to blame as it is hardly more audible when loading windows or other large pieces of software. The noise is like a high pitch buzz with occasional beeps while the graphics card is on load. This noise is similar to the one you will possibly hear if you turn the speakers to the max while attached to a builtin card of a motherboard, kind of like static noise. I tried to lower the volume of the laptop speakers or mute them but the noise is there. In fact, if I use headphones, I can't listen to the noise through the sound card at all! So it must be hardware emmited which alarms me more. It may even be connected artifacts I have observed on the screen for a frame or two while gaming. Should I return the laptop to the retailer? How am I going to convince him on the problem, because I believe that they will not admit they listent to anything. The e-support just doesn't care to even contact me with an automated message!

Apart from that the laptop is what I expected it to be :slight_smile:

Any ideas?

26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Thalamus!

Yes i called Sony Support even two times. On first call, the sony supporter said that i should download the bios update from end of february, but the problem resists. then he said that this will be fixed with the next bios update ca. end of march. but i wanted 100% security so i called sony support again two days later and described an other sony supporter the same problem. this supporter had no clue what the problem cause and adviced me to send my book to sony workshop where it (may be) will repaired. so i don't know what to do now. send to sony, wait 2 weeks and get my book back unchanged, or wait for a bios update wich will (may be) never released, or if released, will fix nothing on this problem.

bad situation 😞

sorry if english is bad 🙂

thanks for any answers!

Hi riddler1980,

Thanks for the reply. :slight_smile:

I you can put up with noise a little longer I would wait and see if the BIOS fixes the problem..

If the BIOS does not solve the problem then send your Vaio in for a repair..

riddler1980
Visitor

Ok, i guess you're right. The fact, that not only my vaio makes this pitchy noises, sony must do something to fix this...

Thank you Thalamus, and all who answered me 🙂

I pray for god that the bios helps, i won't miss my fe41z anymore, but the noise is really annoying 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, keep us updated please.. :slight_smile:

riddler1980
Visitor

Hi Guys!

after some time without my book, i'm happy that i now have it back and the problem is gone!
yes, i sended it to sony, as they called me a day after my last post in the forum and adviced me to do this. the sony supporter also said that this will not be fixed with a bios update, since this is a hardware related problem.

so i'm glad to have it back and voila - all problems fixed, no high pitchy noises anymore!
i'm really happy and to all of you that have the same problem: send it to sony, there is no other way to fix it! ok, you have 1 1/2 to 2 weeks no book, but it is worth it!

hope the problem is forever gone...

i'll keep you updated 🙂

By the way: sony replaced the whole motherboard of the book...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: Excellent news riddler1980.. :slight_smile:

danishamin
Visitor

:smileygrin: i sent my vaio fe31m to sony and they returned me in 5 days !! and all problem have been fixed ,, they have replaced the motherboard and the noise is gone ,,laptop works fine smooth and quite ...
ta sony vaio :heart_eyes:

ogarr81
Visitor

Hi!!!
My motherboard has been changed and the vaio is running smoooooooothly!!!