Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Update

profile.country.en_NG.title
matiinet
New

VAIO Update

When I launch my VAIO Update application it opens up a webpage with the error 'VAIO Update does not recognize your VAIO'. This problem has lingered for some time. I need some help please.

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.en_GB.title
soundman13
New

It seems that they might be making some progress - the E14 is now recognised & scans for updates. It can see 4 to install...but is unable to download them (progress bar freezes on the first update, then fails).

Not sure about the E17 yet - sometimes it looks to be checking properly, other times I still get the could not identify your model error....fingers crossed this resolves soon.

profile.country.en_GB.title
soundman13
New

An update of where I stand at the moment...

The E17 still isn't recognised by Vaio update - Vaio update updated itself a couple of days ago but it has made no difference. There are now a few updates available for my model which I have downloaded manually from the website fine.

The E14 is now recognised by Vaio update but cannot download the updates via Vaio update or directly from the website itself...I have also tried downkoading these updates with Defender etc disabled, but with no success. The downloads attempt to start, then sit there frozen with no progress.

Both laptops have exactly the same setup on them & are running over the same network.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

There have been a number of posts/threads reporting recent problems with the automatic update of both Vaio Care and Vaio Update together with general download problems from the Sony Support server.

This was escalated under the following thread on 30th December. Any further information will be reported in that thread when a response is received from Sony.

Some members have managed to update without making any changes to their system (disabling security) so in the meantime I suggest you keep trying.

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/thread/203600?start=0&tstart=0

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.ru_RU.title
Gladiuss
Visitor

Try to find notebook most close to yours on asian sony site, for exampse i have VPCCW2S1R. It has 14'' LCD, i3-330m intel processor and nVidia GT330m. vpccw26fh is very similar to mine. It has the same bios, so all the programs i needed to update? i downloaded directly from the link below

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/product/vpccw26fh/download

So, you don't need to change something in your system.