Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Update

profile.country.en_NG.title
matiinet
New

VAIO Update

When I launch my VAIO Update application it opens up a webpage with the error 'VAIO Update does not recognize your VAIO'. This problem has lingered for some time. I need some help please.

13 REPLIES 13
matiinet
New

Thanks Rich. Its been for about a week. I just checked it now and the issue still persists.

matiinet
New

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi matiinet,

This problem usually occurs when there is a problem with the Vaio Update server.

How long has this been happening?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi matiinet,

We will try and find out whether there is presently any problem or work being carried out on the Update Server. I doubt that any response will be received before next week some time.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi matiinet,

Can you please let me have your model number and serial number by PM – please don’t post this on the open forum.

There is a possibility that this could be related to the Vaio Update application itself. You could try reinstalling/updating it manually via the support website.

Can you please also confirm that you have not had repairs carried out by other than Sony or one of their service partners and that you have not flashed the BIOS?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
matzam
Visitor

Hi, did you find a solution to your problem. As I have the same thing and Sony to not respond to any e-mails

profile.country.en_GB.title
soundman13
New

I'm having the same issue on 2 brand new Vaios (E17 & E14).

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Unfortunately 'matiinet' did not respond to my last post and consequently the escalation back in April of this year didn’t progress.

Can you both please confirm that you have tried reinstalling/updating Vaio Update manually via the support website and that you have had no repairs carried out other than by Sony or one of their repair partners.

Please then send me the serial number of your Vaio via PM together with details of any contact made with Support and we will attempt to raise this issue again. Your full model product number would also be of help.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

My initial assumption was that this was a problem of the serial number for CTO models missing from the database. It would seem that this is not the case and is a more general issue that Support are aware of and are working on. It seems that the server is up to date and working but reality proves otherwise.

When an update is available it will be posted in this thread.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat