Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio SVE1711X1E Laptop - upgrade to BIOS EP0000284295.exe and Win 10

profile.country.GB.title
Baywakoof
Explorer

Vaio SVE1711X1E Laptop - upgrade to BIOS EP0000284295.exe and Win 10

Hello!

Since my viao laptop gets the "all clear green for go" from Sony's test results on this laptop and Win-10, I am thinking of taking the plunge!

But before I do, please could someone advise me on the following:

• Should I upgrade to the latest BIOS EP0000284295, needed apparently in order for the processor turbo-boost function to work? (I actually tried to do this this morning, but the update stopped working at the "Extracting..." stage! The BIOS version I have currently is what came with the machine.
  • Should I go ahead with Win-10 upgrade regardless of not having the latest BIOS? Does it matter either way? It is not clear from the Sony test results whether the machines would have been checked with the latest BIOS versions in them, which may have a bearing on whether the Win-10 installation would have a problem, if not using the latest BIOS version??

I think this is a reasonably well spcified laptop with Core i7 and 8GB RAM, but has a very pedestrian performance speed/agility wise at start-up and when multi-tasking.

Be much obliged with some help and insight!

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Baywakoof
Explorer

Just to clarify, I did let the antivirus software allow the BIOS update file to run, when it pooped up to ask if I should, when I double clicked it.

profile.country.GB.title
Baywakoof
Explorer

Any advice on my post, please?

Would be much appreciated; many thanks, in advance!