Join now - be part of our community!

vaio recovery disc sticks genuine sony discs

profile.country.en_GB.title
mandy2911
Visitor

vaio recovery disc sticks genuine sony discs

i have had sony vaio VGN-C2S - it is a blue one, but it is not listed on the support list. the problem i have is that i have replaced the hard driver 3 times, the last time i purchased from Sony the recovery discs, and used them to reload recover the system in full.

when I have tried to reload this time, it took about 4 attempts, then eventually got it to run, only for it to get to , the final stage and the disc stops at 78% and keeps telling me to put the recovery disc in when i put it in it spits it back out. i have to use the task manager to close it down every time i reboot. i have downloaded the updates via sony and windows up date but cant get rid of the recovery.

can anybody help

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi mandy2911,

Have you tried cleaning the recovery disks and the optical drive laser lens with a proprietary cleaner?

If this has no effect you could try burning a copy of the disks on another machine and try the recovery again – this sometimes works but not always...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
mandy2911
Visitor

No i have not tried that, but i downloaded all the drivers from the website, ad i have spoken to Sony and even though I have replaced the hdd with a genuine one they said they could support it as it was not them who fited it!!!!

all you hve to do is take 2 screws out and put the new one in, im not payingsony to do something i can fix my self. all i asked them was if they had a fix that i could down load!!!!

great customer service!!!

i downloaded the drivers and updated tem, the device driver says that all drivers are upto date but still not charging.....dont wasnt to replace and find out it is not the battery,

i will try the disc drive and let you know thanks

Mandy