Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio fit 15e - no serial code

SOLVED
nataniasj
Explorer

Vaio fit 15e - no serial code

Just purchased a vaio fit 15e and have a problem with downloading apps. However when i try and find a serial number that they need i can't find it anywhere, also means i cant register my product.

Anyone know where i could find it please?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi nataniasj and welcome.

Try looking on the bottom of your Vaio - or more likely, try removing the battery and looking in the battery compartment.

SN.jpg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi nataniasj and welcome.

Try looking on the bottom of your Vaio - or more likely, try removing the battery and looking in the battery compartment.

SN.jpg

nataniasj
Explorer

thank you :slight_smile: would never have thought to look under battery!

Do you also have any idea why my model number is not recognised when trying to register the product?

my model number is SVF152C29M

Thanks again :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Are you sure you are using the correct model name?  This will also be shown in the battery bay as "Product Name" and will usually start SVF1521

Sony use a complex model naming where all models have both a model name and a series name.  Always use the Product Name when looking for support on the Sony website.

Here is the Support website for the model SVF1521C5E

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVF1521C5E

:wink:

nataniasj
Explorer

thanks i got it to work i was using the model number like they ask but they actually want the product number, so confusing.  I'll stop being a technophobe now.

thank you

:slight_smile:

Kovilevi
Explorer

Can you help to solve my problem too?

I have a vaio notebook, which product number is: svf1521c6ew. I reinstalled my computer, and after that when i wanted to download drivers and softwers from the sony's support websites the search engages didn't find the model of my computer, I can only find the product the number of the model of svf1521c6e. There is no any support on the website to my vaio ( fit15e). 

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Kovilevi,

svf1521c6e is the correct product number reference for your model. The suffix of W is just a colour reference (white?).

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Kovilevi
Explorer

Thank you for your answer, but today my computer got blue screen with to following text:

Video dxgkrnl fatal error

My operating system is Windows 8.1 (64bit), and the manage device didn't realise the software of Intel(R) HM70 Express Chipset LPC Controller - 1E5E. I looked for this at the Intel's website, but there is no appropriate program.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Kovilevi,

Both the original chipset and graphics driver are available on the support site. I suggest that you start by trying a system restore back to a date before the problem arose. If this ineffective try uninstalling, rebooting and then reinstalling the original drivers. That said I suspect that there is an underlying third party driver that may be causing a conflict. Are you a gamer by any chance?

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/SVF1521C6E/list#os2

If reinstalling the original drivers doesn't solve the problem I suggest that you Google 'dxgkrnl fatal error' to see whether the wealth of advice you will find is of any help.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat