Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Fit 15e won't charge & battery dead

scgough1
New

Vaio Fit 15e won't charge & battery dead

Hi all,

I have a Vaio Fit 15e (bought in Sept 2013) and it's basically been dead since the battery last ran out. 

I noticed that although the power pack light was on the charging indicator on the laptop has stopped lighting up and now the battery has gone it doesn't power up at all any more. 

I have bought a replacement battery - no luck

I've done the whole take the battery out and hold the power button before reconnecting everything - no luck

I've tried powering up without the battery in - no luck

I have a feeling that something more major is going on and frankly I'm not over the moon about the fact this laptop isn't very old at all. 

Not sure what I'm expecting to get from this post but just wondered if anyone has had a similar issue and if they can offer any further wisdom on things I can try before I give up and replace it (which I REALLY don't want to do...)

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi scgough1,

Even if the power board is faulty this is no reason to ditch the machine as a repair should cost no more than £100.

Before going down this route I suggest that you use a meter to check that the power adaptor is actually delivering output power as a green LED is no guarantee that it is functioning.

Incidentally if the power adaptor is working correctly and there is not a fault with the power board then the notebook should boot without the battery attached - discounting other hardware problems of course.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat