Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Care hangs

SOLVED
profile.country.BE.title
Fireblader

VAIO Care hangs

When I run Vaio care "One click care", it hangs at the "Checking Create Recover Media" stage.

CPU load is high, so it seems it is stuck in an endless loop.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.BE.title
Fireblader

Problem solved as I needed to do a clean install after HDD crash.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.sv_SE.title
closetoworking
Visitor

Same problem here, and no answers what so ever. First time I've tried the program. Seems we're stuck here, without VAIO Care

(VPCSB1B9E)

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What version of Vaio Care do you have installed?  There is an update for the VPCSB Models - Version 6.4.1.05290 - or is it this version causing the problem.

You don't say which model you have Steven!

Have you both created Recovery Discs or not?

:thinking:

closetoworking
Visitor

Using the updated Vaio CARE, tried to go back to old version but it won't install at all. Have created Recovery Discs before and used them to recover machine before I tried One Click Care. Don't think creating new discs will change the problem, If so making the program hang is a very strange method of reminding you to create those discs,

Regards:smileysad:

profile.country.BE.title
Fireblader

My model is VPCF11M1E.

Vaio Care version is 6.4 (where can i find the complete build number version, it's not shown).

Recovery discs have been created. When I try to recreate them, I get a message stating

I allready have created them.

Regards

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

OK so it looks like the latest version that is not working.. It's a bit odd as this version has been out there for a while.

I take it neither of you have reported this to Vaio Support?  I will refer the problem to Sony and ask them to look at it.

:thinking:

profile.country.BE.title
Fireblader

Got an email from Sony support to try the following:

1) Remove Vaio Care and do a clean install of the latest version

2) Do a complete system recovery from scratch.

I wan't to try option 1,  but can't find any download location for Vaio Care.

Does anybody have the link.

Option 2 seems to be the "default" answer for any problem these days.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That was quick.  Yes, I would try 1.first.

Uninstall Vaio Care and download the latest version for your model here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCF11M1E_H/updates

Scroll down the list of available updates to Vaio Care Ver 6.4.1.05290

Good Luck - I hope this works!!

:wink:

closetoworking
Visitor

Alreay tried to uninstall Vaio Care, got an error message saying "newer version installed". A further look at startup of Vaio Care showed the version showing up was not 6.4 as reported at "Installed programs", but still version 6.3! Impossible to uninstall and to reinstall 6.3 or 6.4... Something seems to have gone wrong at updating from 6.3. Ended up with a complete recovery of the system (I am happy to have an older Vaio still functioning!!!). After updating the system with VaioUpdate only, the f-ng system hangs. I hate computers!!! I have a university IT-education that doesn't help much. Guess we will all use pen and paper sooner or later...

Next step seems to be throwing the laptop out of the window.

profile.country.BE.title
Fireblader

Uninstalled and reinstalled Vaio Care this morning, but the problem is still there.