Join now - be part of our community!

Trouble with Graphics card

SOLVED
profile.country.ru_RU.title
Riohouse
Visitor

Trouble with Graphics card

Help, i don't know, what a doing(((

After, reinstall a windows 8, i received a problem.

I can't install drivers on my nootbook.

Instaler says me:" You don't have this device"

But official site determines my video-card.

Help me plz.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Riohouse,

This model is not yet supported by Sony for upgrading to Windows 8. Most drivers are OEM and as such those released by the original manufacturer will not generally install unless a modification has been applied as the hardware ID will not be recognised by the installer.

I suggest that for the time being you return the system to Win 7 and wait patiently for Sony to provide the necessary drivers and utilities - assuming this will ever happen.

If the original hard drive recovery utility has not been wiped by the install of Win 8 this can be achieved by pressing and holding F10 at boot to enter the recovery utility. Otherwise if you created your recovery media use the disks to return to factory settings.

If neither of the above is an option you can purchase a set of recovery disks from Support by calling the out of warranty telephone number for your region - click Support at the top of this page and select 'Contact Us'.

Rich

Edit: Should have said 'return the system to Vista' as this was the preinstalled OS. The chances of Sony providing full support for Win 8 on this model are slim...

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Riohouse,

I assume that you have carried out a clean install of Windows 8 on a machine that came pre-installed with Windows 7 or earlier. You have not stated your model number so can’t be sure.

If so this is not supported as most of the drivers provided by Sony on the Support site are upgrade only and require the original Windows 7 drivers in place to upgrade.

To upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 you must choose the upgrade (migration) option and opt to retain all Windows settings, personal files, and applications. A clean install is not supported by Sony.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.ru_RU.title
Riohouse
Visitor

Hi, Rich.

My model is sony vaio vgn-fz31sr. Operation system is Window 8. When i choose update to windows 8, i don't save my files and settings.

Help me plz, how i can solve my trouble?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Riohouse,

This model is not yet supported by Sony for upgrading to Windows 8. Most drivers are OEM and as such those released by the original manufacturer will not generally install unless a modification has been applied as the hardware ID will not be recognised by the installer.

I suggest that for the time being you return the system to Win 7 and wait patiently for Sony to provide the necessary drivers and utilities - assuming this will ever happen.

If the original hard drive recovery utility has not been wiped by the install of Win 8 this can be achieved by pressing and holding F10 at boot to enter the recovery utility. Otherwise if you created your recovery media use the disks to return to factory settings.

If neither of the above is an option you can purchase a set of recovery disks from Support by calling the out of warranty telephone number for your region - click Support at the top of this page and select 'Contact Us'.

Rich

Edit: Should have said 'return the system to Vista' as this was the preinstalled OS. The chances of Sony providing full support for Win 8 on this model are slim...

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat