Join now - be part of our community!

SZ1 + Vista Professional + Alps touchpad problem

Naujoks
Visitor

Having vistafied my SZ1 everything's going as one would expect, if only every time i switch on the laptop, several windows would pop up, asking my permission to run this and that bit of the Alps touchpad driver (ticking/unticking the "Dont ask me this again" box doesn't do anything). Anyone got the same problems? Any solutions?

8 REPLIES 8
skykit84
New

Most likely a driver issue which is yet to be rectified
i think i rememeber this issue during the beta version of Vista too... bloody annoying!

staffanu
Visitor

I have two, very unrelated, comments:

The fact that the pop-ups are shown time after time is probably due to the fact that they aren't run as administrator, so that they can not modify what they want in order not to show up again. Have you tried running the program manually, as administrator? (Of course this shows that it is still beta for Vista, but it might be able to work around the problem.)

I can not get the touchpad on my SZ3 working at all. The APLS driver from Son'y download site installs just fine, but it doesn't do anything. That is, after rebooting with the new driver I can not move the pointer at all. Reverting the Microsoft's driver works, but then I do not have the nice extra features in the APLS driver...

Staffan

Resonate
Visitor

Check on my VISTA update THREAD there is a LINK at the bottom, This should do the Job

Naujoks
Visitor

Very sorry to say that after having studied 9 pages of post I still didnt find a link that could helped me with my touchpad driver problem....

profile.country.FR.title
lahirsc45
Explorer

Hi
I'm an SZ1 owner too. I'd like to know if it's realistic to upgrade to vista.
What about the speed of your sz1 after upgrade ?
Thank you for your answer

Naujoks
Visitor

I put in another GB of memory, so that I now have 2GB. It's running like a dream. Games are running fine too, with the exception of Half Life 2, which for some reason crawls at a pace. I wouldn't dream going back to XP though.

Hi

rgoggy
Visitor

i have a sz2 and vista runs perfect. w-lan is much better and performance too.
only games are a little slower.

profile.country.FR.title
lahirsc45
Explorer

I put in another GB of memory, so that I now have 2GB. It's running like a dream. Games are running fine too, with the exception of Half Life 2, which for some reason crawls at a pace. I wouldn't dream going back to XP though.

Hi

Thnak you foyour answer
Wahat about de battery life ?