Join now - be part of our community!

Stolen Pc reporting

cadamssony
Visitor

Stolen Pc reporting

just had my SZ38 stolen...only had it a few weeks.
1. where do I report it? cant find link on any sony website
2. Is there a way of replacing the hard drive easily without sending it in for service cos in theory they have to junk my hard drive??

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi cadamssony,

Sorry to hear of your loss.. :slight_frown:

I would think that you would report your stolen Vaio to Vaio-Link , if not then they should be able to direct you in the right direction.. :thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The cops will probably give you a number to give to the insurance people.

Hope you get it back.

cadamssony
Visitor

I am absolutely astonished that there is not an online service for owners (registered of course) to go online and add their stolen PC's then any potential buyer could check what he is buying!
I think there is a Sony system for this if one is handed in for repair but I still cannot locate it....do you realise how difficult it is...u cannot even easily find the tel number of Sony UK!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi cadamssony,

Have you contacted Vaio-Link...?

cadamssony
Visitor

Vaio link only accept UK PC's so that they can track servicing...it doesnt have a stolen database...altho I asked them.
Actually the PC was bought in HK when passing thru....they always have the latest stuff there like now they have the AR31G ..
anyway it cant be registered I think...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :slight_frown:

kee-lo_

You'd think that would be pretty rare in the UK

profile.country.GB.title
Gish_X
Explorer

kee-lo_

Yeah might be worth bringing this up with a local MP to raise in parlament, but you know what they're like....

AF241
Visitor

I found this site on google. CHECKMEND. Their database is connected with the police's database of stolen goods. It's a paid service, but I suppose it's worth the money since there isn't any other.