Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VGN FE-31M Problem

nhelnhel
Visitor

Sony VGN FE-31M Problem

I have bought a Sony VGN FE-31M here in Switzerland. I am not used on German version of Windows. I want to change it in English... Is there someone know how can I change my Windows XP from German to English and also I want to upgrade this to Vista in English also...

Please help me...

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
dr.Akula
Visitor

The computers are delivered with the possibilities to boot in german, french and italian. This can only be decided on the first boot. My guess is that you have to buy an "neutral" version of windows in english. On the plus side you'll find Windows in Englich, but you might miss the vaio programs.

nhelnhel
Visitor

The computers are delivered with the possibilities to boot in german, french and italian. This can only be decided on the first boot. My guess is that you have to buy an "neutral" version of windows in english. On the plus side you'll find Windows in Englich, but you might miss the vaio programs.

Thank you so much for your reply...

Is there also a possibility of upgrading my Windows XP MCE to Vista in English? Because im also qualified for free upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium...

amitchaudhary
Visitor

Hello all,
even I am in the same situation. I purchased a neutral Windows XP Pro Eng but loosing all the Sony programs is not the only problem. I couldn't install most of the drivers as there is no .exe file for all the drivers so have to revert back to MCE german.

dr.Akula
Visitor

I'm also qualified for the vista upgrade, but I can't remember seeing the question of software language there.
But when I remeber it right you can change website in your preferred language. This might be the language in which the software will be sent.