Join now - be part of our community!

Hibernation shut down

999gnome
Visitor

Hibernation shut down

I have a FS315S laptop, generally I use the Hibernate to switch off to enable faster start-ups. I noticed that when my laptop starts up it immediately goes back into Hibenation automatically.

This happens probably every third time the laptop starts up. Has anyone else had this problem and can it be solved without doing a complete shutdown?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi 999gnome,

Welcome to Club Vaio. :slight_smile:

I think it's always worth shutting down once a day as this clears out any bugs etc..

I'm not sure if this will fix you're problem though, let us know..?

Ladgaz
Visitor

Hi,

how much RAM do you have?

If it's 2 GB or more, you should install a patch from microsoft.

In Google search for "Arbeisspeicher" and "Ruhezustand" and you will find the patch.

Ciao and good luck.

Ladgaz

profile.country.en_GB.title
biancavaio
Visitor

Hey

I've had this problem once or twice ...but what i noticed was i always shut the lid half way through the hibernation process and thats what caused the hibernation to start again when i switched my laptop on , so now i only shut my laptop lid once the laptop has fully gone into hibernation mode and when theres nothing on the screen

this might not be the case for you

but i thought i might share my personal expierence with you ...in case it does help :slight_smile:

Bianca

x

999gnome
Visitor

Thanks for all your comments. I have noticed that the lock button on the battery was not locked off, after doing this it has not gone in to hibernation.

Whether this is the cause I am not sure as it may have caused a loose connection with the battery and making the laptop shut down.

Thanks again

John