Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VGN-FE31H

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sony Vaio VGN-FE31H

Anyone thinking of buying a Dual-Core notebook for less than £1,200 (ex-VAT) should get this month's PC Pro. There is a 'Labs' test of 9 of the most popular models from the likes of Toshiba, Fujitsu Siemens, Mesh, Evesham etc.

The undisputed winner of this test is the Vaio FE31H (at only £685 ex-VAT).

"A stunning TFT, plus plenty of power and great build quality make the VAIO the undisputed leader in this Labs".

The review is not yet available on-line but I will add the link to this post when it is added to PC Pro's website.

:smileygrin:

14 REPLIES 14
djaals
Visitor

Hi all!
I have bought the Sony VAIO VGN-FE31H, and I'm so happy with it. Before I bought it, I wasn't very into notebooks, so this thing is even much more than I had expected. I've only used it now for like four days, but yet I'm very satisfied with it. I haven't got any problems with this nice laptop yet. The anti-virus security system of Norton works properly.

I hope to discover a lot more of all these new functions I found on it. Since yesterday I have made a wireless connection with the internet, and also this works magnificent!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Thanks for your comments djaals and welcome to Club Vaio.

:slight_smile:

justb
Visitor

Glad to see this thread as this is the very notebook I bought 3 weeks ago.

I spent 2-3 months checking all the various brands and models out their before making my choice.

Absolutely no regrets. A superb little machine. :smileygrin:

annasailly
Visitor

bonjour, je viens d'acheter unvaio VGN-FE31H, je voudrais savoir si vous avez le même problème que moi.
Quelquefois la luminosité de l'ordinateur est au plus faible et je ne peux pas l'augmenter. Je suis obligé de redémarer mon ordinateur pour avoir accès à ces fonctions.
Avez vous le même problème?
Mettez vous souvent votre ordinateur en veille prolongé ou vous l'éteignez?
Merci de me répondre. :thinking:

X-x-melimoo-x-X
Visitor

Hi I bought a VGN-FE31H, and I have had alo of troule. I have had to reboot it twice, and it still isnt right. the system doesn't know that it has a built in speaker. It always comes up with an audio error messege, saying the hardware could be damaged, or in use with another program. It's never in use with another program, and I'm sure it's not damaged, because of all the checks I have run on my system. Sounds play such as windows start up sounds, but it won't play any sounds from website, or even from the Windows Media Center which I would use to play CD's. It seems that many people have had this problem, I have been browsing through all the forums. Could any of you help me pleeeeeaase???? Mel