Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VGN-FE31H

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sony Vaio VGN-FE31H

Anyone thinking of buying a Dual-Core notebook for less than £1,200 (ex-VAT) should get this month's PC Pro. There is a 'Labs' test of 9 of the most popular models from the likes of Toshiba, Fujitsu Siemens, Mesh, Evesham etc.

The undisputed winner of this test is the Vaio FE31H (at only £685 ex-VAT).

"A stunning TFT, plus plenty of power and great build quality make the VAIO the undisputed leader in this Labs".

The review is not yet available on-line but I will add the link to this post when it is added to PC Pro's website.

:smileygrin:

14 REPLIES 14
Naz123
Visitor

I just brought the Sony Vaio FE31H. Great laptop, but too early to give my personal review.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Naz,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Naz and welcome.

Let us know how you get on with the FE31H. Hope you enjoy it!

:smileygrin:

btannam
Visitor

I've just bought the FE-31H too and already have a bright white pixel permanently on the monitor.....is this a dead pixel aready and if so will they take it back and replace it.

Of course it was'nt visible until I changed the wallpaper to the blue WinXP one.

Maybe you'd live with it....any suggestions welcome.

Brian :slight_frown:

apierc1
Visitor

I've just bought the FE-31H too and already have a bright white pixel permanently on the monitor.....is this a dead pixel aready and if so will they take it back and replace it.

Hello Brian, the likelyhood is the pixel has always been there but you only noticed it once you changed the background.
Now, if you have recently purchased the laptop online you should be able to return the laptop withing so many days as you bought it "unseen" if you bought it instore somewhere or are past the x amount of days you had to return it online you will probably find you will have no choice but to live with this deffect as it is classed as "acceptable", sorry.

btannam
Visitor

Many thanks for the reply....I'll try the Sony Centre so.

Are dead or bright pixels commonplace?

This vaio is just 3 weeks old and it was described to me as having 256mb of dedicated nVidia ram at point of sale.
I think this is false as "supports 256mbs" does not appear to be the same as "dedicated......grrrrr.

Sorry I don't know your name.

Brian

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I think you need something like 3+ to get it replaced.

admin
Visitor

i dont know if any of you can help me! i just got my FE31H and i've got a problem with the memory card adapter! i cannot access it because each time my laptop gets stuck and i wud have to restart it! is there some kind of settings that i have to change because i've tried almost everything so far with no luck!

herpof
Visitor

Hi btannam,

Why don't you try JScreenFix, at http://www.jscreenfix.com/, and you may save the pixel.