Join now - be part of our community!

Sonicstage 3.3 Gracenote problem

JamieL
Visitor

Sonicstage 3.3 Gracenote problem

Hi,

I've upgraded Sonicstage to version 3.3. However, now when I insert a cd the Gracenote registration message pops up, I click 'yes' and then nothing happens.

Searching on the net suggests this is todo with proxy settings but I don't seem to be able to amend them... I have no options on the 'Get CD Info' tab...

Could anybody help... i reeeeally don't want to have to be typing out track names like I used to do prior to having an internet connection.

Thanks,

jamie

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jamie L

Welcome to the forum,

Have you checked your firewall settings to make sure that sonic stage has access?

JamieL
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Yes, I've looked at the settings for Sonicstage in my firewall and every option is set to 'permit'.

I think I was previously on version 2.3 - could it be that I needed to ugrade to another version as opposed to jumping straight up to 3.3??? (I think I'm clutching at straws here)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Have you registered with Gracenote, there should be an option under + CD drive setting> +Get CD Info>CDDB

You can register & check your settings there :slight_smile:

JamieL
Visitor

I was previously registered when i was using version 2.x.

I can't access the option to register as I don't have a CDDB in my options screen (as per the screen shot). I'm really puzzled as to why not!?!?!

chris_lewis
Visitor

Where did you download SS 3.3 from? there are big differences between 2.x & 3.3 but I have not heard of this, totally uninstall the 3.3 & 2.x if anything is left, maybe a good time to do a back up too, the download again from here SS 3.3

Also set your fire wall to give you all the warning messages it can so you can see when SS is going online, I have had to re allow SS on my firewall every time I have upgraded.

HTH

JamieL
Visitor

Chris you are a star!

Looks like I'd used the incorrect 3.3 link - the link I used was from the Connect Europe site.

Thanks very much for your help fellas, Chris especially.

Much appreciated,

jamie

chris_lewis
Visitor

Glad you got it sorted:smileycool:

C