Join now - be part of our community!

annoying welcome sound

naugahyde
Visitor

annoying welcome sound

how do you remove the welcome sound - not the windows one, but the one before?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi naugahyde ,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you mean by annoying welcome sound the sound that plays when the Vaio animation runs at system statup.

That can removed in the BIOS settings

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

There is an option for this in the BIOS (press F2 repeatedly at boot). I can't remember exactly where you will find this but I am sure that you will figure it out as there are very few options that Sony will let you play with:smileywink:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Foxhound
Visitor

Either you can turn it off via the bios settings or you can turn the volume down so you won't hear it anymore.

naugahyde
Visitor

thank you for the rapid answers! I will try that!

wheresmybeaver
Visitor

On the A series Vaio you can reduce the volume of the boot-up sound, or turn it off completely (including the animation) by going to Control Panel => Sony Notebook Setup and clicking the Initial Setting tab. Its pretty loud on the A series so I have it set at a lower level. And if u want to mute it any time you're booting up or coming out of hibernation, the mute button still works even when windows isn't running. Handy dandy.

Dave

pajm63
Visitor

Hi,
there is another way to turn the animation off completely:
go into the "control panel" then into "sony notebook setup" (might be called differently, for example: VAIO Control Center) Then go to "initial settings" There toward the bottom right half of the window you can tick/un-tick the box next to "show boot animation". Unticking it gets rid of the "annoying welcome sound"