Join now - be part of our community!

sonic stage and a couple of other things...

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

sonic stage and a couple of other things...

Hi everyone, I got a 40gb vaio pocket for christmas to replace my ailing ipod (3rd in 2 years, but now the warranties have expired) and have updated the firmware etc. i've had a few problems, mainly windows orientated, but now have music on it and it seems to be working. however, i was wondering if anyone else had problems with the sony music software - i have a fairly decent 1 year old compaq laptop, 256mb ram, 1.8ghz cpu, 40gb hd etc - but i have to dedicate it exclusively to sonicstage when i want to transfer files. i tried to open control panel whilst it was transferring files yesterday, and it took over 10 minutes to open control panel, and i gave up after 5 minutes of waiting for the properties page to open. with itunes and my ipod i could leave it transferring happily in the background, and the only way i knew it was happening was the constant rotation of the hard disk. it transferred files much quicker, despite the theoretical 80mbs extra bandwidth of usb 2.0 (i have a usb2.0 pcmcia card installed, with a power flylead and the vp powered as well). other than the pc software interface i'm fairly happy with it, though there are obviously things that sony could put right with it, for example the speed scroll - the ipod has a much better system, and i have a few thousand mp3s, so this is important. the other thing easily corrected i can think of now is ignoring "the"s at the beginning of artist names when viewing them, i.e. the mars volta comes after marilyn manson but before muse. anyone else agree or have probems with the software? oh i noticed a few threads about volume, the answer is probably the eu - they introduced a requirement that portable players could not exceed a certain volume level (i think 100db in the ear, but don't quote me) and apple brought out different firmware for the eu than for the us, so i'm tempted to try using the us firmware on my vp to gain a little extra volume if it's there - anyone know of any reason why this wouldn't work? cheers,
ben

0 REPLIES 0