Join now - be part of our community!

Radeon Mobility 9700 driver for Doom3

Seawolf
Visitor

Radeon Mobility 9700 driver for Doom3

Having loaded Doom3 on my new VGN-S2XP, teh game crashes at exactly the same point. The doom guys tell me I need the most up to date ATI Radeon driver version 6.14.0010.6497. But I cannot find this anywhere and the Vaio e-support login will not work for me. Has anyone managed to find this driver and if so where please.

2 REPLIES 2
feederfan
Visitor

Hate to tell you this but you will have to wait for Sony to release the update, it has been discussed on here before that it is up to the manufacturer to release the updates for the IGP cards, Im not sure a mobility radeon is capable of running doom3 anyway, they are not a very good graphics chipset, and Doom requires very high end graphics capabilities. It doesnt run well on my Geforce FX5600 Ultra on my Desktop, and that has 256MB of dedicated GFX memory, as well as 1GB of system RAM

rikyman
Visitor

You can run Doom 3 very well on your Vaio S2 just install the Omega Drivers, with these drivers Doom 3 Runs well on my A197VP, the only diference is that I have a 1 GB of ram.

With my original Sony drivers Doom 3 crashed too but with the Omega Drivers it runs Well...

You can Get them here http://www.omegadrivers.net/