Join now - be part of our community!

Serial Number not recognised

profile.country.en_IE.title
pdoorley
Visitor

Serial Number not recognised

Hi

I am trying to contact Sony support and my vaio is currently in warranty. however neither the online forms nor the telephone service recognise my serial number (i have tried several variations just in case I am reading a number wrong). Online, the problem seems to be with the A part, while the B part is accepted. I really need to make contact here urgently but this serial number recognition is a problem. Please advise what I can do ? NB: I can provide my warranty pack number - surely that can be linked back to my laptop ?

Regards,

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi pdoorley and welcome.

What is the Vaio Model Name?

Please go to Control Panel -> Vaio Control Centre -> System Information and check both the Vaio Model Name and the Serial Number.

Is this a European Model or a US Import?

Is it a CTO (Configured to Order) model?

When did you buy it?

How long is the Warranty?

If you give a little more information, someone may be able to help.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Paul,

It seems likely that the extended warranty, and/or the Vaio itself is not registered with Vaio Support.  Did you register the Vaio when you bought it?

Do you have the Extended Warranty Details?

:thinking:

pdoorley
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

I believed i had registered but as none of my email addresses seem to be recognised I am questioing this assumption. Re: The warranty - at the time of purchase I emailed Sony and have an email confirming that it at least was registered. I have the extended warranty # - is this something I can just post up or does it need to be PM'd ?

Message was edited by: pdoorley

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

PM me: -

Serial Number

Extended Warranty #

Contact details - email/Tel

and I will try to get these to Sony Support.

pdoorley
Visitor

Done - Appreciate all the help.

pdoorley
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

Unfortunately the problem with the laptop is that the display is not working so I cannot check the serial number by the method above. I am reading it from the sticker from the base. The model however is VAIO VPCF13M0E/B.

It is a European model.

It was not CTO.

I bought it Jan. '11 with 12 months warranty but bought an additional +1 year warranty pack which expires 30th Dec. 2012 - hence my urgency to fix current problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Message was edited by: pdoorley

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Fingers Crossed!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

pdoorley
Visitor

Do you think there will be a problem ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

All we can do is wait to see what they need from you.  Probably proof of purchase and the extended Warranty.

They don't work weekends unfortunately.

:question: