Join now - be part of our community!

Recovery disc

aleferik
Visitor

Recovery disc

Hi, I have a problem with my Sony Vaio... I haven't any recovery disc but I saved the recovery files that were in the 3rd partition of my laptop.. Can I create a recovery disc with those files???
Thank you!!

6 REPLIES 6
P_ter
Visitor

Hi,
I just bought 10DVD+RW and my Vaio recovery procedure tells me that the disk is not empty.
I got it just out of the box.
Probably thanks to Sony because this wonderful Vaio recovery procedure onlyt accepts DVD+R
But how do I know?
Also: I had to fill in some form because Sony wants to know how I like this Vaio.
Well, I could not fill in all because there was not the opportunity at that point: not applicable for me. But when I did it all, I got back: you did not fill in all.
Sony, do you really think I will do this again?
In this way you create your own enemies.
P_ter

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi aleferik,

The recovery partition is a hidden, are you sure you saved the correct files..?

Have you deleted the recovery partition, you can check by going to Start > Control panel > Performance and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Computer Management..

A new window should open click on Disk Management and maximise the window .

You should see Recovery Partition, C and D partitions.

If the recovery partition is still present try pressing F10 repeatedly when starting you vaio, this normally would start the recovery process..

Edit: Please do not double post as this causes confusion and wastes peoples time..

See your other thread here

aleferik
Visitor

Hi Thalamus... I have just tried to press f10 but it doesn't work... and the computer "says" that he doesn't find the operative system... BIG PROBLEM!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi aleferik,

If you contact vaio-Link you should be able to purchase a set of recovery disc's for your Vaio..

aleferik
Visitor

Yes.. I think I'll do it.. Thank you very much!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome aleferik.. :slight_smile: