Join now - be part of our community!

RECORD NOW CD DVD QUERY problem need help :(

CRYSTALDAWN
Visitor

RECORD NOW CD DVD QUERY problem need help :(

Hi Guys,
Am new to this forum, I need your help. I have this Sony Vaio but my cd / dvd creator is not working or it is not even installed when I bought it. The Sonic Record Now for burning cds is what I need. Well I wanted to transfer some photos to a cd but my F drive says it's not accessible, incorrect function. Please help, thank you, Christine.

6 REPLIES 6
jpoitras
Visitor

Hello Crystal

Same for me last year,I lost this option?????Why??
I reinstall my DVD and It's work very good since this.

Regards
Jacques

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Christine,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

In Device manager > CD/DVD devices are there any warning icons or error codes.?

Depending on your vaio model you should be able to re-install Record now via the Vaio Recovery Utility..

Click Start > All Programs > Vaio Recovery utility.

Click continue on UAC window if it appears.

Select re-install programs, then click Start.

Then select the application from the list and follow the installation instructions.. :slight_smile:

CRYSTALDAWN
Visitor

Hi Jaqcues,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have a VGN-FS285M and I think the programs came installed so I do not have softwares to reinstall them, how did you do yours?

Thanks for your time.

I can read and watch dvds and listen to music from discs but transfering photos from my hard drive to a cd is not working.

Thank you,
Christine

CRYSTALDAWN
Visitor

Hi T,

Thank you for answering in detail. I tried what you said but I can not find UAC, I have a VGN-FS285M, quite old I think bought in 2005.

I think my problem is quite easy but I do not know how to solve it, in my vaio link, it says I have a Sonic Record Now but I don't have it installed thus I can't burn cds like my pics to a cd...

I have an old Roxio easy cd creator but Vaio says it ain't compatible 😞

I have a Sony My DVD installer disc, does that help?

The F: drive says incorrect function and F: is not accissible if I try to copy the pics to the f drive.

I can read and watch dvds and listen to music from discs but transfering photos from my hard drive to a cd is not working.

Help please.

Have a very Prosperous New Year to you and to all vaio Friends!!!
If you know a sony vaio link I can download cd reader for free, do let me know.

Thank you,
Christine

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Christine,

my mistake.. :smileyblush:

Goto Start > All Programs > Vaio Recovery Tool and click on Vaio Recovery utility.

Once the Vaio Recovery utility has loaded, click the options button and select Recovery Specific Applications that were pre-installed, click OK, then Yes and Yes again.

Select Record Now from the list and click install.. :wink:

CRYSTALDAWN
Visitor

Hi T,

Thank you very very much...your suggestion worked!!!

I can't thank you enough for your help and time replying to me and to anyone who needs help.

You are a genius!!!

Thank you thank you!!!
C

Goto Start > All Programs > Vaio Recovery Tool and click on Vaio Recovery utility.

Once the Vaio Recovery utility has loaded, click the options button and select Recovery Specific Applications that were pre-installed, click OK, then Yes and Yes again.

Select Record Now from the list and click install..