Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with PCG-K415B

Catani84
Visitor

Problems with PCG-K415B

Hey guys,

I have a problem with my laptop, I just reinstalled Windows on my Vaio and from the moment I booted up Windows Xp CD everything started going really slow. I mean it took my 2hours to install Windows and about 30 minutes to install Nero. I don't know what to do. The System Information tells my that CPU Core Speed is 3067 MHz but it's acting more like 367. I have to mention that I bought it from a friend and I have no Restore Partition or Restore CD. But it worked perfectly before the reinstallation. Does anyone have any ideea on what might be going on. Do I have to install the motherboard chipset drivers? I couldn't find any drivers for the chipset, not even on Sony Vaios official site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Catani84
Visitor

Back....Just made a performance benchmark and lucky me....seems that at a comparison my 3,1 GHz Celeron D is at the same level at Pentium III at 366. Something went wrong with the CPU or is something I've done wrong?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Catani84,

Your K415B comes with a hidden recovery partition, if the recovery partition has not been deleted you could try pressing F10 repeatedly when starting you vaio, this normally would start the recovery process, this will allow you to restore your Vaio back to the original Sony installed operating system, etc..

Here is a guide on the process ..

Catani84
Visitor

Hi Thalamus...thanks for you quick answer. But problem is that as I already said...there is no Restore Partition my idiot friend decided that he needs more space and deleted the recovery partition (It kinda took 7GB of space). But I don't know...I find it weird that on the whole internet I couldnt find one single driver appart the video and the networking. Oh..and Im embarassed to say that Im a system administrator and I have no ideea what to do about this issue.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Catani84,

You can download the pre-installed drivers and utilities for your K415B from here

Or alternatively you can if you wish contact Vaio-Link to purchase a new set of recovery DVD's..:smileysad: