Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with the X-Black LCD

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Problem with the X-Black LCD

Hi guys, I know this is bad for a VAIO Master to be asking for help, but anyway....

The problem with my LCD I noticed is it displays a "dark grey smudge" over the bottom centre of the display when the LCD is on its lowest intensity (Level 1) and the computer is running on batteries...

As soon as I adjust the LCD intensity to Level 9 Maximum this disappears completely, and the fault does NOT show up when the computer is connected to the AC power supply...

Any idea whats wrong? Is it the coating on the screen?, Its an odd fault...

Its a repair job right? It can't go for repair till after the New Year and even then well into the new year when I don't need my PC as much...

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Go ahead and post them, I have no objections to you doing eactly that. I would myself if I had my own FTP/HTTP website space...

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

OK guys, here it is, so if anyone can help James out - much appriciated

The Battery

LCD

K115B Zoomed Out

K115B LCD

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Thanks Kee-Lo.

LOL That webpage looks strangely familiar doesn't it?!:smileylaugh: :laughing: :laughing:

kee-lo_

It does yes.
It looks very blue on your screen....

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

LOL Its because I set the camera up to use florescent lighting instead of tungsten lighting (in English: I set the camera up to use lighting suitable for strip tubes instead of setting the camera to use tungsten lighting with a normal bulb).

This is why everything looks a little blurred and "blue" looking:smileylaugh: It was done this way because of my project requiring bog-standard florescent bulbs - I forgot to change the setting!!!:smileylaugh: :laughing: :laughing:

EDIT

LOL Anyone understand that techno-babble?!:smileylaugh:

kee-lo_

LOL Anyone understand that techno-babble?!:smileylaugh:

Nope :laughing:

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

LOL And I thought you were a techie too:smileylaugh:

ROFL What will Faith think being the more non-techie type?!:smileylaugh: :tongue:

kee-lo_

Hehehe

I was winding you up, I do get what you mean, now Faith will know I'm a nerd :smileynerd:

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

now Faith will know I'm a nerd :smileynerd: 

:anguished: I thought she knew that already!:smileylaugh: :tongue:

I was winding you up, I do get what you mean

LOL I know:smileylaugh: Maybe I'll write in German:smileylaugh: :laughing: :laughing: :tongue:

kee-lo_

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: