Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with the X-Black LCD

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Problem with the X-Black LCD

Hi guys, I know this is bad for a VAIO Master to be asking for help, but anyway....

The problem with my LCD I noticed is it displays a "dark grey smudge" over the bottom centre of the display when the LCD is on its lowest intensity (Level 1) and the computer is running on batteries...

As soon as I adjust the LCD intensity to Level 9 Maximum this disappears completely, and the fault does NOT show up when the computer is connected to the AC power supply...

Any idea whats wrong? Is it the coating on the screen?, Its an odd fault...

Its a repair job right? It can't go for repair till after the New Year and even then well into the new year when I don't need my PC as much...

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

James,

Wouldn't worry about asking questions, just because I don't doesn't mean others shouldn't!

If you have a question ask it, no shame will be put on anyone!

We're all friends here

Anyway the problem: I'm wondering if it's because of the heat of the battery (wild stab I know)

Otherwise it could just be something or nothing. I had like a grey area on the side of the GRX and it didn't affect it's use.

Maybe others can shed some light?

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Wouldn't worry about asking questions, just because I don't doesn't mean others shouldn't!

True... Knew you would understand...:smileybeat_up: :party: :dizzy: :laughing: :laughing:

The fault is probably an all-or-nothing event, because now I am back on AC-Power the screen is fine, bizarre?!?:smileylaugh: This is something I could maybe live with - I use the battery maybe once each week so its no big deal, but I would appreciate others thoughts on this.

Thanks again mate...:smileygrin:

kee-lo_

Is the battery near the screen? I know it is with the C series.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Nope, the battery is actually by the right hand side of the touchpad mouse, in fact I wonder whether it is worth me taking a photo with my camera and PM you the picture, its under the VAIO logo...

The fan, CPU and speakers are under the LCD, maybe the CPU?!

kee-lo_

Yeah send me a pic...

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

OK Will do, ping it across to Gmail... Give me about 5 mins....

kee-lo_

No problem, got it open :laughing:

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Hehe great - you should have them now unless I totally messed up:smileylaugh:

You should have PHOTOS.ZIP in there somewhere...

kee-lo_

No, I do have it James, and I'm going to post the pics unless you say different as I cannot see the issue as well as someone else can.